Today I made decisions.
1. I’m going to run 2 half marathons this fall/winter. I’m already signed up for them, but I think until now, it was just a date and a note on a calendar. I’ve decided and it’s going to happen, with a byproduct of that being that I’ll get down to a healthy weight and size.
Dear Plus Size Clothes- things just aren’t working out between us, so I’m going to need to move on to smaller things. We had a good few years. It isn’t you, it’s me. Sincerely, Erin
2. I’m going to find a job I love. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the job I currently have some of the time, but I think I can do more. I am not challenged enough in my current position and when I ask for more work, I get more work, just not the challenging, mind engaging kind. I haven’t felt that I really had to WORK to get a task done yet. So, while I really enjoy the people I work with and for, it just isn’t enough for me.
3. I am going to blog more. A lot of the jobs I am looking at are web-based and I think having a regular blog will help recruiters/hiring managers really get a sense of who I am. It will also let them know that I do understand social media/web presence/the internet etc. Along with that, I need to decide a focus for my blog. I think in the beginning it will be anything and possibly everything and hopefully as I go along I can kind of narrow down the focus to what (if anything) gets a response. And thanks to SkinnyRunner, I guess I’m going to have to get used to taking “selfies” to make my blog relatable…
4. I am going to read to my son more. He always asks for one more book and I think I need to spend that time with him. I know he will only ask for so long and I don’t want to regret ssying no. As many times as I’ve read Brown Bear, would it hurt to read it one more time? Although, if I have to read Mickey Mouse Hot Dog Picnic one more time I might have a bonfire and use it as kindling.
5. I want to take more pictures. I want to edit more pictures. I just all around want to become a better photographer. I need to get out of my comfort zone and ask people if I can take pictures of them. I enjoy taking pictures of people more than I enjoy taking pictures of landscapes and things. My husband enjoys taking pictures of things, so I think we can balance each other. If it weren’t creepy to take pictures of people like I do of landscapes, I would have lots of portraits in my portfolio!
That is all for now. Stay in touch!