Inspiration for this post comes from runningoffthereeses, I did not come up with this topic idea myself, though the things are my own.
1. It’s a holiday weekend! I love long weekends because it almost makes my commute tolerable if I only have to do it 4 times in the week. I’d love to have Wednesdays off so I only have to commute 2 days in a row at any given time. Fat chance thanks to being the Secretary and having to answer phones… My bosses are flexible enough that I’m sure they’d be okay with it if one of my primary functions wasn’t making sure no one ever hears a voicemail message.
2. I’ve followed my training plan 50% better this week than I have since starting the plan. I’ve actually made myself get out of bed early on the days the piece of paper tells me I have to. I’m not at 100% following it because I haven’t followed the distance it demands, but I have already done better this week than last week. My goal is to complete my ENTIRE long run tomorrow. If I do that, I’d consider this week a success.
3. I drove through a wall of cloud on my way to work this morning. Only a tiny bit of rain…
4. 12 Things Successful Women Do Differently. I need to work on 1, 6, and 10. I’ve got 2, 4, and 9 down!
5. The world’s quietest room that will drive you crazy in 45 minutes.
6. I need a manicure, really badly.
7. JT as the riddler… I don’t see it. I don’t buy off on Ben Affleck as Batman either though.
8. I’m sad. SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance) and ANW (American Ninja Warrior) are both ending in the next few weeks. I won’t have anything to watch until the Voice comes back on (Sept 23). I’m not excited that Christina and Cee Lo are back; I loved Shakira and Usher as coaches. I am excited to get to stare at Adam Levine several times a week!
9. The newest blog added to my list of daily reads. www.itsadoglickbabyworld.com I think she’s hilarious and has managed to balance being a mom and an ultra-runner, amazing.
10. 9 this Saturday doesn’t sound as good, but getting to 16 going to be tough.
11. My husband wants another dog. We have a big dog and he wants an even bigger dog. A Rhodesian Ridgeback. I’m not down.
12. We made it 2 days into Kindergarten without getting a phone call from the teacher. I think I’ll have to keep a tally of how long we can go without the teacher calling. I thought we’d make it through the first week… We apparently are parents of the class clown, already.
13. I bought a Vitamix. Now I can make my own almond butter and my smoothies will be blended to perfection with the 2HP motor. I’m not really sure what else I will use it for just yet, but I’m sure with what I paid for it, I will find A LOT of things to blend.
14. Ann Trason is running a 100 miler today. I’m nervous and excited for her. She’s a Legend!
15. This bird is a jerk. She’ll act like she wants your attention and then when you get close, she’ll try to take a chunk of skin out of your body. Well, only to me, she likes everyone else, making her a double jerk.
16. In the next few weeks I’m going on a picture frame hunt. I want to make a picture frame accent wall in my living room. There are so many thrift shops that I should be able to find second hand ones in various sizes and designs. I think I will paint them all black unless I find a whole bunch of eclectic frames that will work together in their original states. That would be ideal, but I know how unlikely that would be.
What are you looking forward to this long weekend?